RESOURCES - under construction
Are you an artist currently creating with us? Email your project leader or email@example.com for a link to show-specific resources.
Phase Eight Theater Company pursues artistic community, creative processes, and storytelling experiences that are fully inclusive, multi-cultural, and anti-racist. We use and provide the following resources to help company members as well as members of the public to think critically about and refine our practices so that we can understand and enact that ethos:
- HowlRound's Anti-Racist Theater Topic Page: essays, research, and examples of racism, reparation, and anti-racism in theaters and by or between artists
- Anti-Racist Stage Management: a great place to start for directors and stage managers before first rehearsal
- Nicole Brewer's Introduction to Anti-Racist Theater: a recurring online workshop ($97.11 full price for white attendees; $0 or donation-based tickets available for artists who are BIPOC and/or facing financial hardship)
- The Phase Eight Code of Conduct: abbreviated and adapted from the Chicago Theater Standards with the potential to further specify and expand, these are the operating principles and procedures for our personnel and productions.
- The Phase Eight Bylaws: articulating mission, defining structure, and reflecting values.